Monday, August 26, 2013

My Six Pack Theory

@FitnessOracle
It's one of the most desired traits for any human being, it's the definition of fit. But it doesn't come easy.

I get loads of questions about how I managed to get a six pack, so I decided to support others in their efforts of achieving this impressive feat. Read along.


The Exercises
This is the hardest part due to the many misconceptions and meaningless exercises. It took me years to find out exactly what I needed to do, to consistently develop my ab muscles, but then it clicked. I found out that a few specific ingredients in any abdominal exercise significantly improved my appearance:

  • Keep your head and legs off the ground throughout the exercise.
    • This way you're not resting any part of your core.
  • Use weight; why treat abdominal muscles different from any other muscle group?
    • You need size in your abs for them to appear. That won't happen without weight training.
  • Intensity: Do several exercises in a row with no break
    • Push yourself.
  • Extend your body as much as possible; it really improved my results.
    • Stretch your legs or arms out and above the ground.
    • By extending your body, you're activating your entire core.

Dieting
This one is obvious. Depending on your genetics and gender you may need to obtain a body fat percentage of 10 or lower to visibly see the abdominal muscles. Needless to say, your diet has to be high in protein, low in fat, sugars and, of course, candy-free. If you need a little help in achieving a leaner body, please read here.

Variety
I believe in functional strength for a strong, balanced and sound body. Don't do the same things over and over, again. Try different ways to strengthen your body. I enjoy incorporating some jumping, running, basketball, tennis, soccer, or other athletic activities that really activate all the muscles in your body, into my workout program.

Consistency
Whenever you're not sore; perform core strengthening exercise with the above tips. It's one of those muscles that require a lot of attention to develop. Eventually, you will be able to work them out 4-5 times a week. But don't underestimate 2 days of complete rest; your body needs time to recover and grow.

@FitnessOracle


Read More:

No comments:

Post a Comment